Middle Weight Interior Designer/Architect London
Reporting to: Head of Design
Direct Reports: None
The role of this Designer is to work hand in hand with the rest of the design team, aiding the Head of Design from conceptual stage, through to drawing up schemes and specifying, whilst also working alongside the technical team by drawing up standard working drawing packs. It would be preferable for the candidate for this role to have experience working in retail/commercial spaces and have knowledge of onsite/building control regulations.
Through the daily tasks, show creativity through every project, be able to manage time and resource effectively and be able to cost manage. This role is very diverse and requires a high level of organisation, communication, multi-tasking and attention to detail. Self-motivated and keen to get involved in every aspect of the design process are key attributes for this role.
You will be working along side the designers based in the Feering office, therefore travel to Essex will be required if requested by the Head of Design.
- Designing high quality spaces based on the briefs and budgets received from clients, with a specialism in commercial/retail spaces.
- Responsible for delivering space-planning and interior layout design solutions, and providing technical experience.
- Editing visuals / imagery in Photoshop
- Creating 3D models within SketchUp (rendering in V-Ray, preferred)
- Briefing visualisers on CGI artwork
- Sourcing styling props and styling Interiors
- Sourcing and collating materials/products in Excel Schedule
- Editing presentations in InDesign
- Collecting research imagery
- Aiding the Technical team with high quality, technically assured drawings for necessary projects by Adhering to set drawing templates and guidelines.
- Space planning in AutoCAD
- Keeping the sample library tidy and organised
- Attending client meetings alongside lead designers/project managers
- Ensure stages applicable to role on Workflow Stages document is followed at all times.
- Working alongside external contractors and partners to understand the requirement of a project and delivery of accurate 2D/3D drawings.
- Exploring interior design and new technology trends.
- Site and external supplier visits where applicable.
- Attend handovers to dress when required.
- Any other ad-hoc duties required by Focus Experiential.
|Qualifications||· A relevant interior design degree (minimum 2:1)|
|Experience||· Minimum 3yrs in previous position within a similar role.|
|Knowledge and Skills
|· Apple Mac Proficient
· Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and InDesign, essential
· AutoCAD and SketchUp, both of these are essential
· 3DS Max or V-Ray (preferred).
· Microsoft office including Excel at basic level
· Understanding of Building Regulations/Control
· Ideally having a background working in commercial/retail set ups
· Ability to multi-task various goals and objectives.
· Deadline driven.
· Excellent planning and organisational skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
· Exceptional attention to detail.
· Driving licence would be beneficial
|Personal Qualities||· Ability to work to tight deadlines.
· An ambitious and driven individual.
· Eager to learn and develop design skills.
· Be able to work under pressure to meet the needs of the client.
· Has an interest in the construction industry or architecture.
· To be a team player.